Sunday, May 20, 2012

Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky

Disney is the word today for the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.  For my project, I used Jake and The Never Land Pirates and Kristal Andrew's "Pirate Tales and Fish Scales" stamp set!

My five year old grandest daughter and I made this card together.  It was very simple and she had fun putting the pop dots on the back and gluing everything down.  Sometimes when you are working with kids, it's the simple things that they can be successful at immediately, that give them the most joy - and you the lesser stress. She made this card for her cousin's birthday.  Of course, I had to listen to her saying "Party on the poop deck" all day long!

If you have kids, this is one of the 'must have' sets of stamps to have.  We use this set and the companion set

"Pirate and Mermaid Party", all the time.  I find these images stamped EVERYWHERE in my house.  Really.

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my project today.  Please make sure you leave a comment and a way for me to come visit you too!

12 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cool!! When it comes to my daughter she rather watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates over Dora!! Where did you get the pirate kids from?? When ever I am in my craft room my daughter wants to use the circle punch so while I am making a card she is punching out circles!!
Kristan

Lisa said...

I am LOL that you had to listen to "Party on the poop deck" all day!! This is such a fun card, Patti!! The images are so awesome!! Love it :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Getting Cricky DT - Sister

Shawn Mosch said...

Kids think that "poop deck" phrase is so funny! LOVE IT!


Shawn ~ Getting Cricky Design Team Member
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!

Unknown said...

I love this Patti. I wanted to download that when Nikki had it on her sight but I was to late. My kids love Jake and the Neverland Pirates and so do I. He is too cute! Great card my friend.

Aim said...

Patti, I knew I could count on you for an adorable Disney card featuring the Pirate set!! LOL... You and Lexi sure do come up with some CUTE ideas with this set!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent!!

Hugs from your Getting Cricky DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Debbie said...

this is such a cute card I love hearing that you and your grandest daughter did this together how cute is that
Hugs Debbie
@ http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
Getting Cricky DT

Sugarlips said...

LOL! I am giggling just thinking Party on the Poop deck, but in my mind, I hear Spongebob.

You did a great job. Love the card.

Jessie
Getting Cricky DT sister

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun card!

Cheri said...

How fun to do this with your grandest daughter. It is very cute.

Cheri
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Creative Diva said...

Great card. Both of you did a great job. I love it.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
Getting Cricky DT Sister

Gloria said...

Oh I love this pair! The sentiment in the rope and the twine are both super cool!!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria
Getting Cricky DT Member

Jenscrapstoo said...

Love this card!! This is my daughters favourite show!! Cheers Jennie Getting Cricky DT
Jenscrapstoo

Total Pageviews